Saturday, October 14, 2006

Columbia, Missouri

Well hello everyone. We're in Columbia, Missouri. Can't say there's anything to tell you about Columbia - except it's between St. Louis and Kansas City. And it was a city Brad once thought he might go to. We've done 950 miles. Today was a short driving day which was good 'cuz I'm a little sore. Fortunately we stop frequently so I can pull out my blanket and do my stretches. We take 15 minute walks each time we stop also.

Today is a beautiful fall day - sparkling sunshine, beautiful fall colors in the trees and wheat fields. We saw lots of corn mazes - certainly one thing to do w/ corn fields.

Jack's been listening to Joe Cocker and Greg Kline a lot. I've listened to the radio. To my delight there's lots of country and Christian stations out this way.


I've enjoyed having some time to reflect on life. Some of my random reflections......



  • Jack is a terrific leader of car caravans.



  • There's a culture to 'trailer drivers/parkers'. You park in different places and you look for spaces that allow you to go forward. Even if it means you park next to someone going that way also.
  • We've seen very few people on cell phones.
  • When I see a license plate from Virginia and Colorado I get excited.
  • I'm getting more and more comfortable following the trailer. And worrying less and less about something untoward happening to it.
  • Picnic lunches are infinitely preferable to finding a restaurant at lunchtime.
  • We're trying to keep track of 3 of us. How in the world did Mom and Dad do this with all six of us!!! :)
  • I love the topography of Virginia - rolling hills; and Colorado - flat land with mountains. I'm not so crazy about Missouri.
  • Ohio has the worst rest stops so far. Outside of the Washington area Illinois has the best.
  • Our favorite of the inexpensive motels that take dogs - Red Roof Inn
  • I'm so grateful for all my Pilates classes.

Do you guys remember where you were a year ago? The night before Megan and Brad's wedding. Well enough rambling. I'm signing off for now. More tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home